Cache

Get help for specific problems

jmc33

Hello
I just buy the application and I stop it during transfer
I lost space on my pc disk, can you help me to recover my space free please?
Where the cache is located, I want to delete it
Thank you
JM

xCSxXenon

There is no cache. The data that was already transferred before stopping will have to be deleted manually

jmc33

ah ok
Its strange because I lost space on my pc
I made a copy from an external disl d: to a drive P in the cloud.
And I really lost 53 Go on my pc...
I dont know why

xCSxXenon

You could check your temp directory I suppose. Open File Explorer and go to "%TEMP%"
You should be able to delete everything in there safely. There may be some errors, skip any conflicts.
If that fails, I recommend SpaceSniffer to check disk usage. There is a faster alternative, WinDirStat, but I think the interface of SpaceSniffer is friendlier, and it's pretty fast anyway

jmc33

Thank you very much
Site Admin

Zenju

If that fails, I recommend SpaceSniffer to check disk usage. There is a faster alternative, WinDirStat, but I think the interface of SpaceSniffer is friendlier, and it's pretty fast anyway xCSxXenon, 08 Sep 2024, 19:46
Or just use FreeFileSync's tree view on lower left. That already covers the good parts of all these space sniffer tools, except for the block view, which is less powerful than the tree view IMHO.

xCSxXenon

If that fails, I recommend SpaceSniffer to check disk usage. There is a faster alternative, WinDirStat, but I think the interface of SpaceSniffer is friendlier, and it's pretty fast anyway xCSxXenon, 08 Sep 2024, 19:46
Or just use FreeFileSync's tree view on lower left. That already covers the good parts of all these space sniffer tools, except for the block view, which is less powerful than the tree view IMHO. Zenju, 09 Sep 2024, 06:56
I agree with this if you are a semi-advanced user. Using the tree view in FFS requires correctly selecting filters to show the appropriate data and can sometimes lead to the unintended deletion of data if you aren't careful.
Regardless, the OP is trying to discover data usage in a location that wasn't directly involved in the FFS synchronization in the first place.
Site Admin

Zenju

Regardless, the OP is trying to discover data usage in a location that wasn't directly involved in the FFS synchronization in the first place. xCSxXenon, 09 Sep 2024, 14:59
Yes, this is one of the few non-sync scenarios that FreeFileSync supports: Just select the whole drive on only one side and press "compare". No need to fiddle with filters or something else. Easy peasy.

xCSxXenon

Regardless, the OP is trying to discover data usage in a location that wasn't directly involved in the FFS synchronization in the first place. xCSxXenon, 09 Sep 2024, 14:59
Yes, this is one of the few non-sync scenarios that FreeFileSync supports: Just select the whole drive on only one side and press "compare". No need to fiddle with filters or something else. Easy peasy. Zenju, 10 Sep 2024, 07:15
Ah yes! That is an option. I will have to test this as I am curious how the speed compares to other alternatives. I do still prefer an overall "geographical" display though, sine SpaceSniffer shows folders numbers of layers down