Batch file Not working properly in task scheduler

Get help for specific problems

wangyu

Hi,

I am new on this one and I have a weird problem. I made a batch file in ffs and when running manually, it is working. But putting it in task scheduler, an error occurs:

[11:15:22 AM] Error: Cannot find the following folders:
\\10.0.0.171\wangyu\wangyus Files
If this error is ignored the folders will be considered empty. Missing folders are created automatically when needed.
Error Code 1326: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. [WNetAddConnection2]

Is this a problem in FFS? Thanks

wangyu

I tried to put this code in the notepad and run this as a batch file in the Task Scheduler and it finally worked.

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" "E:\backup_desktop_Docs.ffs_batch"

exit

But in the other computers, I have no problem running the program in the task scheduler! Anyway Thanks

Plerry

It is likely related to the user credentials under which the scheduled task is run.
That "user" needs to identify towards the network location \\10.0.0.171 (a NAS?) with a
user-name/password combination that has write/change permission in \\10.0.0.171\wangyu
Site Admin

Zenju

I've added a new FAQ item with solutions to common network problems in combination with Windows Task Scheduler:
https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#task-scheduler-network