RealTimeSync does not always run *. ffs_batch

Get help for specific problems

franc

Hello,
First of all, I apologize for my bad English.
I've been using FreeFileSync 9.6 on win 10 for some time now, when I run RealTimeSync with a time of 3600" for example, it doesn't run the *. ffs_batch which is in the command line!
If I do a 10 "manual test, for example, it works...
Can you tell me why?
Thank you very much

franc

Hello
To be more clear from how many seconds does RealTimeSync no longer know how to manage time?
Thank you

4EverMaAT

@frank, I think I am having the same problem as well. Or a variation of the problem. The RTS is not properly executing batch file. But if I open FFS, a comparison scan will show the detected file changes and then I can manually run it there. But that defeats the purpose of RTS

Can you check this thread: viewtopic.php?t=5047

franc

@4EverMaAt,
What's amazing is that it works well for lower values, for example 60''.
In the meantime I've been using the windows task planner.

@Zenju
Thanks for this link, As I said it works well with small values of time. Everything was ok before the last Windows10 update but is it a coincidence?
My problem is a trigger problem every 3600'' for example and not a configuration problem.

Excuse me for my bad English.
Site Admin

Zenju

It seems the concept of "idle time" isn't currently explained well in the manual.

babthooka

I still don't think I understand this properly. I am of course experiencing the same thing, so I have set my idle time to 10, and I'll see if I can live with it for a time, as anything else I try to use does not start a sync job.

From the last comment, am I to deduce that I am misunderstanding the "idle time" concept, and that is why I am failing at setting this up?

This is my first post here, so I want to take the opportunity to say thanks for this software! It is awesome, and I think I will be donating very soon, because I am convinced I am going to use this program for a long time.