[Feature Request]: Add Sync Category for "Equal" Files

Discuss new features and functions

zed

Hi
FreeFileSync is an Excellent App and works Well.
I feel that the addition of one more feature would complete the package. When modifying the Sync Settings, we have several cetegories to choose from (File exists on Left, File on left is newer, Confilct,...etc) and we can choose actions based on these categories. It would be wonderful if there were a category to decide what to do if the file on left and right are equal. Compatible actions for this category could be 'Delete' or 'Recycle'...
Thanks for considering,
Zed

tobykenobi

Hi
FreeFileSync is an Excellent App and works Well.
I feel that the addition of one more feature would complete the package. When modifying the Sync Settings, we have several cetegories to choose from (File exists on Left, File on left is newer, Confilct,...etc) and we can choose actions based on these categories. It would be wonderful if there were a category to decide what to do if the file on left and right are equal. Compatible actions for this category could be 'Delete' or 'Recycle'...
Thanks for considering,
Zed zed, 23 Mar 2018, 07:49
I was just about to request this - where there are equal files, I'd like to be able to delete one side.

therube

You can set the filters (at the bottom of the screen) to display only Equal files, select the ones you want, & hit DEL.
FFS show only Equal files.png
FFS show only Equal files.png (33.14 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Just be careful to not accidentally delete folders: viewtopic.php?t=9124

moira

Hi Zen,

I am running Mac 10.15 Catalina and Freefile sync 12.2. I would also like to see just the files that are equal. I was not planning on syncing. I got in a bad habit of saving my Trash and now I want to check it before I delete it permanently. I do not have any category icons at the bottom of the screen, just the statistics in the lower right. How do I get those categories to appear?
Thanks so much.

Plerry

> How do I get those categories to appear?
They only appear after running a Compare.
If after running a Compare they are still hidden, you may have messed up your FFS GUI layout.
You can restore it in the FFS GUI via
Tools / Reset Layout

moira

I saw that,

also for those out there that have a severe case of OCD, you actually have to have equal files for the selection to show up.