Deleting selected files in folder

Get help for specific problems

Linkeree

I want to make sure how file selection in filtered view works.

I had 2 folders compared: 403 identical and 1 different (in content) files.
I removed the different filter so that I could delete only the identical files (403).
I selected all in the right folder and press Delete; FreeFileSync showed confirmation of deleting 403 files.
However, after deletion, the 1 file different in content in the right folder was gone too.

It seems this is a bug or am I not understanding it correctly? It should delete only 403 files, not 404 files as shown in the delete confirmation dialog.
Is it because the parent folder was also selected so whatever files inside were deleted too? Strange.

Capture 01.PNG
Capture 01.PNG (62.19 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Capture 02.PNG
Capture 02.PNG (58.92 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Capture 03.PNG
Capture 03.PNG (101.64 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Capture 04.PNG
Capture 04.PNG (25.09 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Capture 05.PNG
Capture 05.PNG (19.38 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Site Admin

Zenju

The J:\hwdm3\DCIM folder:
viewtopic.php?t=7059&#p32206

xCSxXenon

Correct, selecting the parent folder and deleting it deletes its contents also, obviously.

Linkeree

@Zenju,

Thanks for the post, I read it.

As one comment/reply by Plerry mentioned about using FFS for something else that it's intended for, then wouldn't it be better and safer to just remove the ability to manually delete via right-click on selected files?

It's not so obvious that FFS will actually delete all items, including non-empty parent folder. The Delete items confirmation dialog doesn't show the true number of items that will be deleted. It's counter-intuitive for me that a folder that contains unique or different files (non-empty) is considered identical/equal.