Mirror Update question

Get help for specific problems

RBc3241

I've always used FFS to mirror my office USB (backup) to my home Laptop and it worked great. Recently I started using it to backup (Mirror) some of my home Laptop data to external USB storage. Yesterday I mirrored a 2 gig first run of my email folders, it took about 6 to 7 mins to complete. Today I ran it again to update the few emails since the first run. To my surprise FFS starts mirroring what appeared to be the entire 2 gig email structure, or it would seem so from the estimated time of 7 mins given and the 608 MBs copied so far. I stopped the run after 2 mins.

The only thing I can attribute this to is that after I made the first (full mirror) run yesterday I later added one Filter Exclude, *\minidumps\

Will changing the filters in any way at all cause a saved mirror session to start from scratch on next run?

RBc3241

I've done more testing on this, if I go 5 to 6 days before syncing my email Profile folder the more far reaching folder/file structure is sync'd. But I found this has more to do with how my email client app updates it profile structure. I.e. even just downloading a few emails when I look at the modified time stamps it reaches into more than just the Inbox. And it's not just the Sent and Trash either, it modifies user created subfolders that do nothing except store user moved emails. But if I sync it no later than every 2 days it only takes from 1 to 2 mins for most syncs which is not too bad a time. Just surprised me at first not realizing what all was being modified.
Here is log data from both FFS and SBF on two days worth of email downloads. It all went into the Inbox but a whole bunch of other folders and subfolders were modified. Just the way email clients do I guess, especially those that track conversations.

FreeFileSync log:
Items processed: 36 (450 MB)
Total time: 00:01:38

SyncBackFree log:
"03/12/2019 11:49:07 AM","1","Copied/Moved","461,297.74KBytes",0,"O"
"03/12/2019 11:49:07 AM","1","Scan Started","03/12/2019 11:47:22 AM",0,"O"
"03/12/2019 11:49:07 AM","1","Scan Finished","03/12/2019 11:47:22 AM",0,"O"