Two Queries from Prospective User

Get help for specific problems

21tones

I intend to store and work on my photos on one external hard drive, and back them up on to two other external drives. I do not intend the drives to be plugged in to my desktop computer all the time. Only when I am working on photos.
Having watched the tuition videos I am not clear that FFS can sychronise files from the first drive to the two other drives at the same time. It looks like I would have to go from drive one to drive two. Then repeat the procedure from drive one to drive three. Is that right?
Given that I may wish to work on photos away from home on my laptop, in addition to the desktop when at home, would it be best to install FFS on the first portable drive, or install it on both the desktop and laptop?
If it is best to install it on the portable drive am I right in thinking I would have to get the donation version?
Thanks in anticipation of your clarifications.

Plerry

1) You can define multiple left-right base folder pairs. The left base folder of both locations being your "work" external drive, the right base folder being the one of your other external drives each. You can then run that single sync for both drives simultaneously.
2) I suppose you won't carry around your two other external drives, so there seems little use for (also) installing it on the laptop. But obviously you can also install FFS there.
As your laptop may assign different drive letters to your external drives, you may consider using volume names in your FFS left-right folder pair definitons.

21tones

Plerry
Thanks for your helpful advice. I am not very technical and had got confused by the time of watching the last two videos so didn't read the tips and tricks section.
Best Wishes