Operation / file deletion bug

Discuss new features and functions

Jean122019

Hello,

I contact you because I noticed a potential bug. In any case, a strange behavior in my opinion of the software.
Indeed, I wanted to compare 2 directories. In this directory, there are identical files and files in the left directory that are more recent than in the right directory.
I wanted to delete the identical files from the left directory so that I could only leave the more recent files to evaluate the differences more easily before overwriting on the right directory.
What I did was press the "=" button, so that only the identical files would be visible.
There I did "crtl+A" to select everything and right-click, then "delete".
Except that this manipulation had the effect of deleting everything, including the "different" files
There I thought, maybe the "crtl+A" integrates all the files in the left pane, even those that are unseen or excluded as well.
So I did another manipulation: I made all the files visible, I made a "crtl+A" to select all the files, then with the "crtl" key, I removed the files I didn't want to delete. Right-click, then "delete".
Baam, all the files have been deleted again.

I find this dangerous because you can delete files that you don't want to delete.
Doing this regularly because currently in the process of grouping several backups from different hard disks, USB keys,... on a central server. I'm afraid I deleted files without realizing it.

Is it a bug or is it the normal functioning of the software?
I look forward to hearing from you
Sincerely

Jean122019

Hi,
I don't think that the post 396 is the same problem that mine.
But the post 1632 is well the same that my problem, but there is no answer.
It's very dangerous because, we can to delete many files without realizing it.
Is it possible to put an alert in the soft ?
Regards

xCSxXenon

You are probably getting a folder selected for deletion, which will delete the data in that folder.