FFS 10.18, 10.19 SMB Trash problems with Ubuntu 19.10

Get help for specific problems

pballowe

I currently have Ubuntu 19.10 on several machines at home with SMB set up to transfer files between them. When I connect a SMB shared drive and then "Browse" to Select a Folder in FFS 10.17, the SMB shared drive will be listed in the Places menu. I manually set up the Compare folders between the local and SMB share, and then Synchronize with out any problems. Using either FFS 10.18 or 10.19 across the same shares on the same machines gives and error. Using FFS 10.18 and 10.19 the SMB shared folder/drive doesn't show up in the Select a Folder Places menu. I can navigate to the shared folder by manually working through the tree (/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:....) and then I can compare the folders. But when I try to synchronize files, I receive an error message stating
Unable to move "/run/user/..path/filename" to the recycle bin.
Error Code 0: Unable to find or create trash directory for /path/filename [g_file_trash]
Any thoughts on what has changed between FFS 10.17 (Linux) and later versions?
Site Admin

Zenju

pballowe

I just ran a quick test with version 10.20 beta Linux and it does not have the problems with the Places menu, and it did not generate the error message about the Trash directory. Thank you!