Add file on excluded folder/directory

Get help for specific problems

phmakinsk

Hi!

Can I include one file to sync, on a excluded directory on sync?

I have one directory that I cannot sync, but inside there I need to sync one single file. This is possible?

Thanks!

phmakinsk

Thanks by the link, but it´s not what I need.
I need to include in sync process, one file in a excluded folder.

Something like this;
Exclude rule: \locations\sp\
I need include the file site.png inside of \locations\sp\ during sync.
It's possible?

I try to include the patch file \locations\sp\site.png on Include box, but it didn't work.

Can you help?

Plerry

Thanks by the link, but it´s not what I need.phmakinsk, 19 Mar 2020, 13:41
Both said link and the manual page on Include/Exclude (the Example: Exclude a sub folder except for certain files) are exactly about you describe you need.

phmakinsk

Thanks Plerry!
I think that I could include only one or two files using the "Include" box, instead of exclude many and many files on a specific folder on "Exclude" box.

best regards!

qu1gon

Hi, i have to exclude a folder and it doesn't work - i think did it wrong. Sry my english is not the best :-)
I read the manual but don't understand realy :-D
And i don't want open a new Thread.

Example: E:\Backup\Server

I want to exclude the folder "Server" and all folders/files in it.

Plerry

Note that Include and Exclude Filter definitions are relative to the left and right base-location.
If your right base location is E:\, you should exclude \Backup\Server\
If your right base location is E:\Backup\, you should exclude \Server\
But the simplest is, to run a Compare, select the Server folder and using the context menu via a right-mouse click exclude the Server folder.

qu1gon

Where do you mean i have to select the folder via context menu... with windows explorer? This doesn't work. Can' choose this there is nothing like exclude folder.

At the left side i have E:\Sandi\ and the right side W:\E\Sandi\

I want to exclude E:\Sandi\! Sicherungen !\Plex Media Server (only the folder Plex Media Server).

I try this it doesn't work: \E\Sandi\! Sicherungen !\Plex Media Server\

UPDATE: Ah i think i check it now... \! Sicherungen !\Plex Media Server\ right?

Plerry

Where do you mean i have to select the folder via context menu...
This forum is about FreeFileSync (FFS), so obviously in FFS.
I even wrote: run a Compare ...
Windows Explorer does not offer that.
I try this it doesn't work: \E\Sandi\! Sicherungen !\Plex Media Server\
as I wrote (and I believe you meanwhile understand), In- and Exclusions are relative to the left and right base location, so per your example, relative to E:\Sandi\ and to W:\E\Sandi\ .
And yes, given your description, \! Sicherungen !\Plex Media Server\ is then the right definition for the exclusion. This will however not just exclude E:\Sandi\! Sicherungen !\Plex Media Server , but also W:\E\Sandi\! Sicherungen !\Plex Media Server if that does/would exist.

qu1gon

I choose "mirroring" and at first time i sync this i let FFS sync this folder once because in this folder are so many files and it takes a long time to sync - i will manually sync it in the future. Ok so this ist how you say then still right - also regarding your last sentence (which i don't really understand ^^)?

Plerry

... also regarding your last sentence (which i don't really understand ^^)
In- and Exclude Filter definitions apply to both the left and right (base) location(s).
That is also why they are relative to these base locations.

qu1gon

Ok thank you very much.
Site Admin

Zenju

"Full path to relative path" detection and conversion has been added for the next FFS release: viewtopic.php?t=9225#p34808