"Not enough free space" using network folder/networkadress

Get help for specific problems

fishrain

Hello,

I'm using FFS for a long time without problems. I syncing a folder on my win 10 PC with a folder in my webspace (1und1 Onlinespeicher). The Cloud Storage folder is embedded in win10 either as network folder (webdav) or as a ntwork adress (I tried both methods).

Obviously Win10 is reporting to FFS wrong "disk sizes" because I get a warning:

Not enough free space for:
\\sd2dav.1und1.de@SSL\DavWWWRoot\Backup
Nescessairy: 161 GB
Available: 49,2 GB

However I do have indeed 1 TB space available on my webspace.

Because of this warning the sync fails....

Any suggestions? Thank you for help in advance

Rainer

fishrain

I found a way to establish the network folder, now showing the right storage capacities.

However the sync job failed again after transfering 46 GB of data to the webspace (same error: not enough disk space). After the failed sync job the partition C was almost full....obviously the 46 GB filled up my partition C....

Does FFS copy the files in a temp-folder on Part C before uploading...??? Where is this folder ? I would like to delete these files. This is really strange....

xCSxXenon

Run 'SpaceSniffer" as admin, it will scan and show your storage usage on the drive

fishrain

Thank you....I already found it: to establish the network-folder I had to install a software (called "1&1 UploadManager")....after installing this I had a network-folder in the windows explorer (with correct storage capacities). As I already suposed the data was transferred to a Cache-Folder on Partition C....so the problem has nothing to do with FFS itself...its related to this upload manager ...i will uninstall it

fishrain

I solved the problem myself: Obviously in win10 network-share (webdav) generally are not showing the correct storage capacities....instead the free space on Part C is displayed. So when FFS begins a sync-job to this network-folder, before it begins there will be a warning ("Not enough space...")....however if you click "ignore" the job will be done correctly. In the sync settings the checkbox "ignore errors" must be activated !