License Purchase Scenario

Get help for specific problems

MikeC

On a daily basis, I Synchronise approx 18Gb between 3 pc's via USB Installation (Office <> Home etc.).
I also use a seperate USB for Disaster Recovery on my Personal Desktop.

In order to have;-

- an Installation on the Personal Desktop
- a Portable Installation on two seperate USB sticks

Do I need to buy 3 seperate Licenses, or simply run the one Purchased Download for each device?
No problem at all paying for 3 if I have to, I am seriously impressed.
Thank You!

sflorg

Bought / Donated for my license yesterday and it was for three devices. There will be an option to download both portable and exe.

MikeC

Hi sflorg,
Thank you so much for your fast response, that is really helpful. Either way, this appears to be exactly I am looking for.
Busy transferring the configurations from GoodSync for quick setup in FreeFileSync as we speak. GoodSync have effectively disabled their "Portable" version this week, without so much as a warning.
Very many thanks for you help, much appreciated.
Mike.

sflorg

Scary! I too moving from GoodSync for same reason. . . I think we may have been synced. LOL
Heidi-Ann

xCSxXenon

Look here also: https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#multi-user
You can buy even a single license and use the portable version off a USB stick on as many as you want

MikeC

Installed and Flying :) This is nothing short of Awsome!
The worrying revelation with this, is that GoodSync had all but destroyed my entire backups of Personal HD, all my stores Software, AND my entire Office Work Backup. Just as well GoodSync messed up when they did.

This thing is also averaging around 35% faster across a total 235Gb of data. Pretty impressive!