Not Understanding Comparison Results

Get help for specific problems

SteveH99

Yesterday I copied my whole D: (My Documents) [WORK_VOL1} to an external USB-connected drive[DVOL_BKUP1]. Today I deleted a few files from WORK_VOL1 then started to do a mirror sync. FFS now tells me many (173,313) files and folders will be deleted from the right side DVOL_BKUP1 because they don't exist of the left side WORK_VOL1. However, when I look at the folders/files on the WORK_VOL1 they exist on the left side, but the compare is not seeing that they exist on the left - but why? I've looked at the Comparison Settings help and I don't see what I'm doing wrong. I'm looking at the Acronis_Backups folder and the files within that folder as example.
FFS1.jpg shows the FFS compare window. FFS3.jpg shows the two directories with date/times and file sizes. Thanks for your Help!
Steve
Attachments
FFS3.jpg
FFS3.jpg (172.24 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
FFS1.JPG
FFS1.JPG (245.99 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Typo in your left path. Better use the dropdown menu: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=variable-drive-letters

SteveH99

Ouch! One slash did the trick. Thanks. I didn't know about the drop-down. Thanks again. Great piece of work. How does donate work? -- If I donate I get the CURRENT donate version, I can use forever, but I must donate again to get a future donate version?
Thanks,
Steve