indication whether file coexists / is moved or completely deleted

Get help for specific problems

Grubbler

Hi Community,

hope you can help me.

This is the situation:
I use FFS for creating backups. I rearranged some of my folder structure. Example:
All Files are in folder A. I rename the folder to B. Now, FFS deletes all files under folder A on my backup hard drive and creates a new folder named B and copys all the files in it.

My question:
Is there an option where FreeFileSync shows wheter files are finally deleted or if they only will be moved and continue to exist as in the example.
I ask because I alway browse through a very long list in FFS before I hit the sync button, just to make sure that I don't unintentionally delete files forever.

Thanks.

xCSxXenon

Depending on settings, FFS will either move them or delete and copy them again. If they are moved, they don't actually get deleted, sent to recycle bin, etc. If it deletes then copies again, they will be deleted forever or moved to the recycle bin, again depending on your settings. You should play around in a 'sandbox' folder to test exactly what behaviors you want. Just use some empty txt files

Plerry

Supplementary to xCSxXenon's reply:
See the section on Detect Moved Files in the Manual page on Synchornization Settings (F8).

If you are afraid to "unintentionally delete files forever", consider to use Versioning.

Grubbler

Wohoo, that's what I was looking for.
Now that you gave me the hint, I felt a bit dump. FFS clearly indicates this option in the settings. Another case of read the instructions first, I guess.
However, now I like FFS even more than I did before.
Thanks alot Plerry and xCSxXenon!