how to revert to old view?

Get help for specific problems

SaltyClothes

Hi, thanks for the excellent software, but I cannot see my files anymore. How do I revert to the view that shows the NAMES of the files on both sides of the split screen? I don't care about the relative path. The path is determined above in the path boxes.
Thanks, Sal

SaltyClothes

OK, I reverted to 10.20 I think, and got the view I'm used to. For me I just need simple. Filenames on left pane mean plus, filenames on right side mean minus. Simple.

I'm not shopping at a local supermarket anymore because they've made their web page so difficult to view sale items. Instead of clicking once to search for my zip code, I now have to click a page then find a new link nested within to search the zip, then I have to wait while a new map loads my zip and surrounding area. I just don't care that much. I lose interest or forget what I'm shopping for. Heaven forbid if I need to print a coupon!

bgstack15

Version 10.24 was the last one with the traditional file view. But I don't think there's a real reason to switch from 10.20 to 10.24.
Site Admin

Zenju

But I don't think there's a real reason to switch from 10.20 to 10.24. bgstack15, 12 Aug 2020, 12:48
Nobody reads changelogs anymore?

jdaniele

Hi, i got the same problem with version 11.0 [Donation Edition]
The new view is messy and very hard to read.
The previous version showed filenames aligned to right (and it was already uncomfortable to read).
This new version doesn't show filenames anymore and the file size is missing on the right pane.
(Have a look at the attachment, please)
What's going on?!?! :(
It is ugly, insane and unusable!

Please rollback to the old, fine, normal view we all are used to know in Windows: file names visible and aligned to the left as it is since decades.
if you really wanna keep this ugly interface, add an option in the configuration so we can choose to live with the old or die with the new one.
How can i download the "10.24 [donate version]" to revert to a normal view?

Thanks
Daniele
Attachments
FreeFileSync_mess.PNG
FreeFileSync_mess.PNG (70.03 KiB) Viewed 1233 times

bitsnbytes64

I agree, the interface has definitely not changed for the better and not only is it confusing and messy, the file and folder names aren't always displayed and the file counts are wrong. I donated to help support this project, and I still believe in it, but if issues such as these are not resolved I will have to look for something else.

jdaniele

Hi, anyone can kindly tell me how to download any previous [donate version] of FFS?
I had a look at my donation page, the FAQ, the archive and the download page but if found nothing about it.

Thanks a lot.
Daniele

JDB

All the earlier versions are here: https://freefilesync.org/archive.php

Or from the main page ( https://freefilesync.org/ ) you can click on the "Archive" button beneath the Download button.

jdaniele

Hi JDB, thanks for you answer but is not what I asked for..
I know I can download a previous "normal" version from the Archive page (if you read again my message i said i went to the archive page too), but i'm asking for a previous "DONATE" version, and i cannot see any link about it on the FFS site but just for the last version (11.0).

Bye
Daniele

David Morrow

I'd like to add my vote for the old interface or at least an option to use it as an alternative. I wouldn't necessarily put it in the Critical category but certainly in the Really Like To Have category.

JDB

Reply to jdaniele --

I apologize for misinterpreting your question.

My answer is subject to clarification by Zenju:

You cannot download previous versions of the Donation Edition.

If you need to go back, you should have saved the downloads instead of deleting them. It's always a good idea to keep prior versions of any software downloads for a while in case you need to revert due to bugs or problems with the new version.

(maybe check your downloads directory... perhaps an older version may still be there if you didn't delete it yet.)

-JDB
Site Admin

Zenju

You cannot download previous versions of the Donation Edition.

If you need to go back, you should have saved the downloads instead of deleting them. It's always a good idea to keep prior versions of any software downloads for a while in case you need to revert due to bugs or problems with the new version. JDB, 15 Aug 2020, 00:32
That's correct. I don't keep backups of old Donation Editions.

If there's a reason to install an older version instead of the latest one there's usually something wrong with the new version that should better be fixed instead.

jdaniele

Hi guys, thanks for replying me.

I usually save older versions but my contribution [donation] is pretty recent, so i have not any previous donation version saved.
Zenju, It would be nice if you keep backup of donation versions too. Why not?
Think about it: you should take care of contributors at least as well as who does not donate...
Do you agree? :)

Anyway, now i'm forced to install a previous NO donation version, waiting the bug fixing of last version... :-/

Thanks
Daniele