Unable to Sync from a Visual Studio Project

Get help for specific problems

munson3333

I was trying to use FFS to sync my Visual Studio bin directory and some other folders into a location I use for deployment. For some reason, it was totally ignoring the files but shows they successfully transferred.

As a test, I placed a copy of the files in a folder called "test" in my Documents folder and tried to sync them to another folder in my Documents called "test2".

Is there some inbuilt restriction on filetypes (.dll, .pdb, .xml, and .cuix) that might be preventing the transfer?

I've included a screenshot that shows it thinks it worked, but you can see it provides no path information on the right hand side.

Thanks!
Attachments
2020-08-12 13_29_55-_FreeFileSync 11.0 – Folder Comparison and Synchronization.png
2020-08-12 13_29_55-_FreeFileSync 11.0 – Folder Comparison and Synchronization.png (118.55 KiB) Viewed 302 times

Plerry

What you show is the result of a Compare between the test and test2 folders.
And apparently, the listed files are present in test, but not (yet) in test2.
The FFS GUI also shows the intended action: to copy all shown files from test to test2.
Only when actually running the sync (by cilcking the Synchronize button (right top), the files will actually be copied.

munson3333

Wow :) The issue was completely PEBCAK (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard).

Thanks for clarifying the usage Plerry! That was totally the issue :)

David Morrow

" PEBCAK (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard). "

A friend in HP hardware support calls that a PICNIC : Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.