Filename has changes

Get help for specific problems

Commy

Hello everybody,

After the backup, parts of the file name of some files have changed.
For example,

Kramer, Michael.vcf is changed to Kramer ^ J Michael.vcf

Thus these files are synchronized again and again because the file name does not match.

Are there problems with certain characters in the name or settings that I have to make.o make.

xCSxXenon

Try renaming the source file to something temporary, then change it back. Maybe the original name is encoded in a weird way

therube

Most likely the "comma" is not a "comma" but rather some character that looks like a comma.

Copy & paste your 'Kramer, Michael.vcf' name in the forum here.
(What is above is a comma, $2C$.)

Commy

Here are a few sample files.

Folders with special characters like a "+" are not backed up correctly either.
Source: edis_ + 40K (KRD)
Target: edis_ ^ M40K (KRD)

I secure the data on my OneDrive storage at Microsoft.

Within my own machine, the folders and files stay the same as the original.
Attachments
Example.zip
(18.43 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

therube

I'm thinking the ZIP "broke" the file names as what is inside, best I can tell are simply "plain" characters with the only "odd" thing being the ^ character (sequence).

I was expecting to see some Unicode (non-ASCII) characters.

A copy/paste of the file names (from your source & target file/directory names) into the forum here will (probably) retain these characters & allow us to "see" (& copy) them.

I secure the data on my OneDrive storage at Microsoft.
Instead of there, if you set up a local pair, different directories on your own machine, does the same issue occur there?

A + character is nothing special - at least on Windows - though maybe it is something special to OneDrive (which then may do something like "translate" it to ^M on its' end).
(But that doesn't seem to be the case, Invalid file names and file types in OneDrive and SharePoint.)