Hot to achieve Real Time Sync icon to be visible in Windows Tray

Discuss new features and functions

bostjanc

Hi.

I am trying to achieve that RealTimeSync would be launched "as a service" but would also like RealTimeSync icon to be VISIBLE in TRAY.

What I have already tried to do:
- In Task Scheduler had created a task which executes command:
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\RealTimeSync.exe" "C:\scrips\syncfiles.ffs_batch"
I have tried setting this task to run with MY-USER and also with SYSTEM. In both cases RealTimeSync is running (I can see it on Task Manager list) but it's not showing in Windows tray :/

-I have created a bat file which contains: "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\RealTimeSync.exe" "C:\scrips\syncfiles.ffs_batch" and put that bat in local group policy under User Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts (Logon/Logoff)\Logon, but still no icon in Windows tray :/

-If I create a *.lnk file with ("C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\RealTimeSync.exe" "C:\scrips\syncfiles.ffs_batch") and put it in local group policy under User Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts (Logon/Logoff)\Logon, then I need to CLICK on START every time user logs in. In that case the icon is visible in Windows tray, but the bad side of it is that user would need to click on START button every time when he/she logs into the system.

Please advise what would be "the right approach" to make it Real Time Sync launch automatically when system starts, or any user logs in, and that icon would be visible in Windows tray.

Thank you!

B

Plerry

Perhaps this will help.
Last edited by Plerry on 20 Nov 2020, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

bostjanc

Thanks @Plerry. Exactly what I was looking for.