Batch File running continually

Discuss new features and functions

imagerep

W10 user. I create a batch file and save it to my desktop. I DON'T want this to run continually (like a RAID) but only either manually (if I click on the desktop FFS Batch icon) or if I decide to create a task in Task Scheduler. However, once I have created the Batch File, it seems to run 'live' and I can't stop it.

Why don't I want it to run live? For example, If I am on Outlook, which uses a .pst file, and I send or receive an email, the .pst file has changed and FFS wants to immediately mirror that to my external drive. However since I'm still up running Outlook, it naturally can't perform that task. Same applies to other Programs. I would think it would be best to run the backup late at night when all programs are not running and I'm off the PC.

Why are my Batch files running on their own full time once created? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any feedback. This is somewhat confusing to me.

xCSxXenon

RTS is the only way it would run continuously. Running a ffs_batch file will only run once, then stop. Any screenshots? How do you know it is running continuously.

imagerep

That's interesting as I did not create a RTS. Maybe it was due to creating a Task Schedule. I opened 2 windows on the screen, each window being a drive directory (2 different HDDs). I experimented by added a New Folder in one drive, and seconds later saw the New Folder appear in the backup drive folder. So I could see it was running on it's own. From your response, I assume it has to be the Task Scheduler causing the real time nature. Thank you.