Can FFS sync a folder on a Mac with a folder on a PC?

Discuss new features and functions

*Rich

Hello. Trying to determine if FFS can do sync work for me. I do image editing on my PC and then manage my images in my online image gallery using a Mac (MacOS 10.13.6)

Question 1: Can I sync image file changes saved in my PC's "Media" folder with a "Media" folder on my Mac?

Question 2: Can I sync my PC's data with my Mac via Wifi? Both computers are on my Wifi network.

Thanks.

xCSxXenon

Create a shared folder and map it on the other computer. Then you can use FFS to sync the remote folder on one device to the local on the other

*Rich

Thanks. Sounds good, but could you explain how to "map it on the other computer." I'm a newbie to Windows, if that's a Windows term. So, not sure what
map it
means. Thanks again.

xCSxXenon

Yeah!
So you can share a folder on Mac OS or Windows and then you can access it over the network from the other computer. You map it on the computer that you didn't share it with. "Mapping it" just means you save the info so you can access it easily after restarting. On Windows, mapping a network drive gives it a drive letter that you can use to access it. On Mac OS, it just gives it an entry on the sidebar of Finder. I would look on youtube for "Create shared folder on Mac/Windows" and "How to map network share on Mac/OS" depending on what you are most comfortable with doing.

*Rich

Fantastic, will do. Looking forward to giving FreeFileSync a try. Thanks again.