Remove obsolete paths from the folder drop-down on MacOS

Get help for specific problems

titleunknown

Mac OS 10.15.7,FFS v 11.6

As far as I know the method described in the Tips Tricks does not and has never worked on Mac OS I would greatly appreciate knowing how to clear the obsolete paths in Mac OS. I've always wanted this ability but never found a way to do so.

xCSxXenon

Never worked the expected way on Windows either! Try using the arrow keys to select the item you want to delete and then Shift+Delete on you keyboard. That is how it was found to work for Windows
Site Admin

Zenju

Mouse-hover + DEL key should work fine on Windows. But yeah, it's broken on macOS, Linux. The solution is probably to come up with a better design in general regarding folder lists (maybe even support selecting folder pairs?). ToDo.

titleunknown

Could there not be an option in the preferences "clear folder path lists"? I don't know much how about software dev but Im sure they are just logged in simple way that an option like that could work?

titleunknown

Still wish this could happen…

Plerry

If you are extremely eager to "clean up" your folder history in your drop-down lists, you should be able to do so by editing your GlobalSettings.xml file. Make sure to do so with all instances of FFS closed. For the location of said file see here.

In the GlobalSettings.xml file, find the <FolderHistoryLeft ... > and the <FolderHistoryRight ... > sections, and select and delete any item you don't want to show up any more.
Make sure to delete the full line of each such item, so including
<Item> ... </Item> Cr/Lf
and then save the GlobalSettings.xml file.
Then open an FFS instance and check your drop-down list(s).

titleunknown

Super late response for me.

This is nice to know. Thank you.

Still wish it were the click of a button in the GUI.

marcofraschini

asking for the same wish:
for mac:
one button in the GUI to reset all the paths, or a simple method to reset one by one.
many thanks!