Large(?) drive issues...

Get help for specific problems

devadude

I have two USB drives of 8TB each. The target is currently empty, the source is about 50% used.

Under the root of the source drive there are two major directories, one containing ~13k files in 319 sub directories, and another containing two directories with ~29k files and >100k files respectively in umpteen sub directories..

If I compare the top level directories individually, they appear to be correctly enumerated and I can copy individually. If I run compare on the root of the drive, enumeration gives up after ~45k files (514GB) (the first top level directory and the first sub directory in the second top level directory, if you see what I mean)...

Does anyone have any ideas what may be the issue?

xCSxXenon

What does 'give up' mean

devadude

Sorry, it stops enumerating files/folders; it only shows the first top level directory (and all contents), and the second top level directory and the first of the second level directories under that (and its contents)...

xCSxXenon

I see! You have:
A:\first\...
A:\second\sub1\...
A:\second\sub2\...
When you sync source A:\ to target, it only shows the first two lines and doesn't scan the sub2 directory?
Do you have any filters set up? Are you sure those files don't actually exist on the target yet?

devadude

Sorry about the delay..

That is exactly the directory structure..

And, ... oh, dear. How embarrassing. I'll get my coat..

Apologies - operator error. (Becoming more common!)