Nahimic Cancer is preventing from FFS to run :(

Get help for specific problems

uplink

Hey there,

there's literally no way I can uninstall the Nahimic thing, I don't need it, I don't want it, Asus is constantly buggering me with it. But, I really need to work with FFS and I can't.

Please make some hotfix, so I can install it,
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (37.58 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
with best regards

uplink

P.S.: I spent two hours uninstalling it all with Revo Uninstaller and it still won't run. Please fix it mate :(
Last edited by uplink on 22 Sep 2021, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

xCSxXenon

Use DriverStoreExplorer to delete any Nahimic drivers
Use RevoUninstaller to remove any software
The error you posted has nothing to do with Nahimic though

uplink

Use DriverStoreExplorer to delete any Nahimic drivers
Use RevoUninstaller to remove any software
The error you posted has nothing to do with Nahimic though xCSxXenon, 22 Sep 2021, 16:31
It has, before it showed some Nahimic .dll's and stuff :/ but You may be right, I killed Nahimic and Sonic Studio stuff and it's still there.

uplink

Had to revert to 11.3, this isn't cool, please fix this point properly:

Preempt crashes due to Nahimic Sonic Studio 3
Site Admin

Zenju

This Nahimic, A-Volute, Sonic Studio 3, whatever it is called, is certainly annoying, and it seem nobody likes/needs it, but it probably isn't malware(?).

So a regular uninstall via Windows apps and programs should do, no? I can't test this, but one of these tips should do: https://www.google.com/search?q=uninstall+sonic+studio+3

If you know which one worked, please post here, and I'll add these steps to the error message.

I think intead of uninstalling, it should suffice to stop the nahimic server process. Maybe that's the better treatment?

In any case: This buggy software cannot be allowed to run together with FFS until its poor quality is fixed by the devs and stops crashing FFS.

Bithunter_Hardy

I also have the same problems with this new version 11.14 in conjunction with the Sonic Studio 3 as user "uplink" describes this in the first post. I had to go back to version 11.13, which works fine. Please find the bug.

uplink

This Nahimic, A-Volute, Sonic Studio 3, whatever it is called, is certainly annoying, and it seem nobody likes/needs it, but it probably isn't malware(?).

So a regular uninstall via Windows apps and programs should do, no? I can't test this, but one of these tips should do: https://www.google.com/search?q=uninstall+sonic+studio+3

If you know which one worked, please post here, and I'll add these steps to the error message.

I think intead of uninstalling, it should suffice to stop the nahimic server process. Maybe that's the better treatment?

In any case: This buggy software cannot be allowed to run together with FFS until its poor quality is fixed by the devs and stops crashing FFS. Zenju, 22 Sep 2021, 18:35
Hey there Zenju! Thank You for Your reaction oh mighty one <3

So, it's a problem, a huge one. I named the software suite cancer, because it's superhard to get a rid of it.

Get this, I removed everything with RevoUninstaller, CCleaner and Windows System Cleaner and even manually removed stuff from registry, but to no avail, the software always comes back and it's running me nuts.

I don't know where from, and it's running me mad.

Would it be possible to make a popup window when running new version of FFS where I'd have to agree with the software to occasionally crash?

I mean occasional crash is better compared to inability to run it at all. This would make You safe and make us happy, with the unwanted Nahimic software.

It could be a one time pop-up/flash message/modal window opened up at the first program run with a little check box [x] don't show next time] and with either agree and continue, or close.

What do You say?
Site Admin

Zenju

This Nahimic stuff is injecting itself into every process that runs on your PC (just like a virus). The trigger is some Nahimic service that is running on your system. Even if uninstallation doesn't work, stopping this service almost certainly will get rid of Nahimic: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/ways-access-services-windows
Or even better: Use the "Services" tab of Autoruns to identify and disable the offending service.
As always, details are welcome (e.g. the name of this service) to improve the FFS error message.

I believe these Nahimic-induced FFS crashes only happen during sound playback. Not 100% sure, but if this is true, FFS could show the error message, and continue running without sound.

uplink

This Nahimic stuff is injecting itself into every process that runs on your PC (just like a virus). The trigger is some Nahimic service that is running on your system. Even if uninstallation doesn't work, stopping this service almost certainly will get rid of Nahimic: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/ways-access-services-windows
Or even better: Use the "Services" tab of Autoruns to identify and disable the offending service.
As always, details are welcome (e.g. the name of this service) to improve the FFS error message.

I believe these Nahimic-induced FFS crashes only happen during sound playback. Not 100% sure, but if this is true, FFS could show the error message, and continue running without sound. Zenju, 24 Sep 2021, 18:29
That would solve the issue, and yes, You're right, it runs with/behind every process, I've seen it via Process Explorer :(.

Okay, I'll try these url's and will report back. Sorry for my late reply, but I've been busy, we're crunching at work :(

therube

(
This Nahimic stuff is injecting itself into every process that runs on your PC (just like a virus).
I'll just point [to a rather old, a bit long, thread] where McAfee Site Advisor was injecting itself where it didn't belong [like a virus ;-)], affecting operations in web browsers.)

snowysakura

I believe these Nahimic-induced FFS crashes only happen during sound playback. Not 100% sure, but if this is true, FFS could show the error message, and continue running without sound. Zenju, 24 Sep 2021, 18:29
That's strange, I didn't experienced any crushes in 11.13 with Nahimic drivers and FFS's sound playback on. Not sure about 11.14 as I can't launch it without removing Nahimic

Bithunter_Hardy

Version 11.13 workes well with the Nahimic drivers even when I playback sounds or videos. No problems. What has been changed in Version 11.14 so that his version crashes now?

repentersprite

I have same problem too. Previous version was ok, but this one, error same as screenshot. If I cut audiodevprobs2.dll from the path and paste it somewhere else, I can open freefilesync, but please fix this. Thanks

repentersprite

Any update on this issue?

Thanks
Site Admin

Zenju

Version 11.13 workes well with the Nahimic drivers even when I playback sounds or videos. No problems. What has been changed in Version 11.14 so that his version crashes now? Bithunter_Hardy, 02 Oct 2021, 08:01
Okay, this is a problem. FFS denies to start while showing error messages of this kind when flaky software is about to cause FFS to crash (Keyman, AvmSnd, NviewH64). But the signal-to-noise ratio is usually near 100%. For Nahimic it seems, it's only *sometimes* causing a crash, so the FFS preemptive strike is a bit too much.

FFS 11.15 addresses this by deferring the reporting of third-party incompatibilities until *after* crashing, and integrates the info into the crash dialog: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rufjuv6uz8a4hgu/FreeFileSync_11.15_%255BBeta%255D_Windows_Setup%252810%2529.exe

repentersprite

It works now with 11.15, thanks : )

snowysakura

Yes it works without any error, thanks for the update!

pedro77

Can someone please clarify what a sound driver have to do with a backup/sync software?
When FFS 11.15 will be released?

xCSxXenon

FFS has the option to play sounds triggered by certain conditions. Some sound drivers/software cause FFS to crash.

pedro77

FFS has the option to play sounds triggered by certain conditions. Some sound drivers/software cause FFS to crash. xCSxXenon, 14 Nov 2021, 18:43
What about:
try { play sound }
catch { oh, our software is sensitive, we cant play sound }
?

Instead of preventing the software to work because of some sound driver. Odd, very odd.

xCSxXenon

@Pedro77 Maybe you should read the thread and see that it's been resolved?

pedro77

I'm waiting for the 11.15 release. There is only a mediafire link in this topic.

AlexHunter27

You can update FFS to version 11.15 to fixed it. I tried and it works on myside.
About the NahimicService, it runs alongside with Nahimic 3 and Sonic Studio 3, these app are from A-Volute and it helps u to boost your audio performance. Personally, I am now using Nahimic 3 and it gave me a good performance when playing game.

HimusakiMaguro

Latest Beta Version?

I'm getting Installer ERROR Warning.
its telling package has been expired.

therube

See if 11.15 release changes anything?