Does not recognise file changes

Get help for specific problems

PeterObelus

Hi
Using Mac:

1) Despite adding new folders and files, the Synchronization, keeps saying no file to sync. Is there a remedy?

2) Is there a way of having of having Schedule Sync without clogging the Calendar?

Thanks for a great software.
Regards
Peter

xCSxXenon

1) What are your locations and where are files/folders being added? Screenshots of FFS? There is likely a settings switched around or the locations aren't correct.
2) These are the only official instructions, maybe someone else on here has a workaroud other than making one large sync. https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=all#macos

PeterObelus

Thanks for your reply.
1) The sync was done previously. So we do not have a location or access problem. I have rebooted the computer..nothing to start the FFS to start again. It keep saying "No files to sync" and shows Sync TODAY (when it did not).

2) I have read the instructions and followed it to the letter, unfortunately, the Schedule Sync fills up your calendar and it is annoying for work. May be we need to have 2 apps for calendar one for FFS and the other for work & personal?

xCSxXenon

If you run a compare and it finds nothing to sync, it will still update the 'last sync' value.
Not sure what is causing the difference

therube

Maybe you've got a filter set such that even though you do have new files, they are exclude by the filter, hence nothing to sync?

PeterObelus

Thanks for the reply.
The files to be sync are just Word documents. they are not filtered at all otherwise most of my file would not sync.
As I am stuck, i would need to move to another software. I have heard of Syncthing...Any idea how good?

xCSxXenon

Well FFS is fine, but syncthing works. As with most issues on here, it's probably something small. What if you just create a new sync config by clicking new in the top-left and starting fresh?

PeterObelus

Thanks for Guidance. When started from Scratch, it worked.

therube

By chance do you know what the differences were between the two instances (as in did you make a copy of what was, before starting anew, to compare)?

PeterObelus

No sorry. The list is so long that I did not bother going through the difference. I suspect it does not copy over all the files, but I haven't had time to check it.