Setting custom destination paths for especific folders

Discuss new features and functions

Brunosky_Inc

I was wondering if FFS had the functionality of setting a custom destination path for especific folders in a Sync configuration, or if it doesn't if it could be possible to add it for a future update.

The reason I'm wondering this is because I tried to make a Sync configuration between another device and my PC, but the origin device has some folders with characters incompatible with Windows (such as ":"), which leads to an error when trying to run the Sync.

If I could configure FFS so that those folders are instead Synced to folders with a custom name compatible with Windows it would be very handy. It could be as simple as simply removing incompatible characters for the destination folder, or as complex as taking any one folder and set one with a completely different name as the destination.

Plerry

> It could be ... as complex as taking any one folder and set one with a completely different name as the destination.

Did you try using multiple folder-pairs?
You would start with (left) the source base folder that comprises also the folders with incompatible file-names, and (right) the Windows destination base folder.
You would then add the folders having an incompatible file-name to the Exclude Filter (e.g. via running a Compare and then right-clicking those folders and selecting to exclude).
Next, you could add a specific left-right pair for each of the left-side folders that have an incompatible name, with a right-side folder having a self-selected or -defined (compatible) folder name.

Brunosky_Inc

While it'd be great to be able to do this directly from the source and destination files and folders menu, that method does sound great to get something going in the meantime. Thanks!