keep a folder backup and versioned but run once a day

Get help for specific problems

filesyncer2017

Hello.
I have this folder I need to backup
my application will change this folder and may corrupt it
I need backups to run on 14:00 and only make a new version of the folder if any file in the folder is changed
I cannot make a new version whenever something changes as changes are too frequent and it must check for changes only once a day
no change no backup
I need it to keep up to ten versions for ten days of work which is two weeks of work
backup folder is local same as original folder
any help is appreciated. this is my first time using this application.

Plerry

Assuming Windows: use the Task Scheduler to schedule your FFS sync task to run every day at 14:00. See here.

> backup folder is local same as original folder

Having your backup in exactly the same folder is not possible (in FFS).
In a subfolder of your original folder is possible, but then you need to be proficient with the use of the Exclude Filter.
By far the simplest way is to backup to a folder that is not part of or within your "source" folder.

> I need it to keep up to ten versions for ten days of work which is two weeks of work
backup folder is local same as original folder.

The way FFS Versioning works, is that your backup folder will (post sync) comprise the latest status of your "source" folder.
Your Versioning folder, which must normally be different from your "source" AND backup folder, then will comprise any previous versions of files that were overwritten in the backup location or deleted from the backup location. The maximum amount of versions that will be kept, is as per your selection.

filesyncer2017

> Having your backup in exactly the same folder is not possible (in FFS).
I meant they are both local not that they are the same
I have three folders
og og_backup og_old for versions

anyway this helps thanks

filesyncer2017

Hi I logged in after so many months, and saw that I have not had this topic closed for some reason even though your answers were very helpful and fixed my problem back then. mods please close this thread, I do not seem to find the option to do so. sorry for the necro.

xCSxXenon

Hi I logged in after so many months, and saw that I have not had this topic closed for some reason even though your answers were very helpful and fixed my problem back then. mods please close this thread, I do not seem to find the option to do so. sorry for the necro. filesyncer2017, 16 Apr 2024, 21:28
Since this is a forum and not a support portal, threads don't get closed. The info stays public so others can search, find answers, and contribute more to the conversation.