How do I create a scheduled backup job?

Discuss new features and functions

naary

I would like to create a regular backup job, which the software will back up for example - once a week certain folders from drive D: to drive E:
Can I do it in this software?

naary

Thanks!

naary

Thanks.
quite a complex operation.
My question to the software authors -
Is it not possible to add a command in the software - repeat this operation once every XX days / hours / weeks?
So it would perform the operation by itself regularly without all the complication of an operation through Task Scheduler?
If there was such an addition to the software - I would consider purchasing it for a fee. [I'm sure others too].
Thanks

naary

No one has a comment on the matter?

Plerry

> Is it not possible to add a command in the software - repeat this operation once every XX days / hours / weeks?

Obviously that would theoretically be possible.
But things like this are quite OS specific, and FFS is also for many other OS's than Windows.
And even in Windows, there are so may different user-and application specific matters that would need to be supported. E.g., "your repeat this operation once every XX days / hours / weeks" is just one of the many, many cases that would then need to be supported.

And, although it is a reply to a different question, the essence of the last two lines of viewtopic.php?t=9873&p=36488#p36488 is just as relevant here.

naary

Thanks. Which I understand won't be anytime soon...

David Morrow

If you are capable of setting up FFS then you are technically capable of setting up Task Scheduler. Yes, it's different and a bit daunting at first. My suggestion is to look at some of the scheduled tasks already in TS and see what options you have. TS is not a great app but once you get your task scheduled, it's bullet proof. Well worth the very short and not so steep learning curve.

Hemps

Freefilesync
Create Sync task and save as Batch Job
Task Scheduler
Create Basic Task
Security Option choose System, so it will run when you are logged off.
Run whether user logged on or not
Run with highest privileges
Actions
Start a program
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe"
Add Arguments
"C:\Users\hemps\Documents\BatchRun.ffs_batch"

OK

naary

Thanks to the last two commenters! I will try.