FFS 13 installation in Kubuntu 22.4.3 fails with an error message

Get help for specific problems

ineuw

Syntax error in command /bin/bash -c "paths=(%F); cd \$(dirname \${paths[0]}\)\; \/opt/FreeFileSync/FreeFileSync\ \${paths[@]}\" coming from /usr/share/applications/FreeFileSync.desktop

Please help.

therube

Should the escape be there on the final quote, \" ?
And I take it that '\ ' is escaping a <space> (rather then being the closing / in the path name)?
Site Admin

Zenju

viewtopic.php?t=10534#p39876

I've reverted back to the old shortcuts syntax and updated the FreeFileSync 13.0 without version increment because it's a minor issue.

ineuw

Downloaded the latest version just now, but after installation and starting FFS, it generated the same error message from Kubuntu 22.0.4.3 en_US. So, it's still not working.

In the past, a vaguely remember that a GTK2 library file was needed. Am I correct?

Syntax error in command /bin/bash -c "paths=(%F); cd \$(dirname \${paths[0]}\)\; \/opt/FreeFileSync/FreeFileSync\ \${paths[@]}\" coming from /usr/share/applications/FreeFileSync.desktop

ineuw

Installed it again for myself only and on start, it was the folllowing message

Error starting "/home/ineuw/FreeFileSync/Bin/FreeFileSync_x86_64":
GTK 2.0 was not found! Please install, e.g. via:

sudo apt install libgtk2.0-0 or
sudo yum install gtk2

It would be helpful to provide this info.

Plerry

> It would be helpful to provide this info.

That is exactly the reason why "this info" is provided ...

ineuw

The info popped up after it was installed in Kubuntu. Why is it not packaged with the app to avoid stupid posts like mine? I consider FreeFileSync to be one of the best designed softwares in Linux? Very considerate to users. I also used it in Windows with the same opinion.