Timesync

Discuss new features and functions

dsca

Hi,

sorry for my bad englisch, iam german.

my father uses freefilysync to transfer his data/pictures to an external device.
the problem is that many pictures are synced every time. Seems that there is a problem with the timesync between the files. see annex

regards
dsca
Attachments
FFS.jpg
FFS.jpg (210 KiB) Viewed 957 times

Radish

I don't know what the problem is but do notice that the time difference of the files is exactly one hour for all instances on view. And that suggests to me that FFS is operating as it should be. It would also suggest to me that some other part of your father's system has gone and adjusted the time-stamp on all those files by exactly one hour - I have no idea what could be doing this. If that is what is happening then when you post you would need to state what operating system your father is using - that information might help people track down the problem for you.

However, I would strongly suggest that you repost your question into the "Help" section of the forum (not in the "General Discussion" section). The reason for doing that is that (a) you are posting into the correct section of the forum with this problem; (b) lots of people likely watch the Help section and try to help people with problems there, but don't watch the General Discussion forum for problems because problems aren't meant to be dealt with in that section of the forum.

Try reposting in the Help forum and you will have a better chance of getting an answer.

Bingwu

Hello dsca!

Can it be that this problem has occurred after 29/10/2017?
My guess is that it's not a problem of FreeFileSync, but results from the time change after the end of daylight saving time.

If I'm not mistaken, the effect occurs between NTFS- and other file systems because the file time is stored differently.
I have this effect when I synchronize (mirror) my files from the NAS to my Android devices right after the daylight saving time (not with FFS).

Under "Actions" -> "Comparison Settings" you can enter 01:00 for 1 hour in the field "Ignore time shift [hh:mm]" (becomes 1).

I did not try it myself, but maybe it would be worth a try.

Regards
Peter

Radish

Yes, Bingwu, I think you have the correct explanation. There is a page in the FFS Manual for this issue: Daylight Saving Time (Windows)

It would be great if dsca could experiment with this and report back what he finds. It's an interesting problem.

Bingwu

I'm really confused right now!

I also added additionally a German translation to my post.
This is no longer available!

I would like to know why that is!
A question that I am sure the owner of this page can answer!

Radish

Yeah, I noted the German translation when it was there, came back to the thread later, then wondered why you had deleted it.
Site Admin

Zenju

The translation has been deleted. Please keep the discussion in English. Luckily you've provided an English version, so the German one wasn't needed in first place.

dsca

Okay. Its possible that the daylight saving time feature isn't available in windows xp?
I see the option in win 7, but on winxp there is no way to set.

Yes, my father is ugly with his winxp crap. But the pc is used in offline mode only (not connected to the Internet)