Request: Disable/Enable folders to compare

Discuss new features and functions

peregrino

Hi, I would really appreciate a new option in the list of folders configured for comparison/synchronisation.
It would be great I can simply check a checkbox Skip This For Now (do not compare/sync temporarily).
For now, I have to remove the folder from the list or change the filter to skip all files in the folder.
Thanks for considering this feature.

Plerry

It is not via checkboxes, but in the FFS GUI, after running a Compare, you can easily right-click a file or folder and temporarily or permanently exclude items or, conversely, indicate that only selected files/folders should be synced. See here.

peregrino

@Plerry, thank you for the hint, however, that's not what I mean.
I'd like to have an option to filter the list of sources and targets, so I can skip the comparison.
sync.png
sync.png (32.2 KiB) Viewed 613 times

Plerry

For that, there seem to be two options:
1)
Define (and save) multiple individual syncs at your deepest detail level required,
and then, on a per case base, select the syncs to be included in the GUI Configuration window.
2)
Define (and save) a single sync that includes all left-right pairs potentially to be included,
and "deselect" the left-right pairs not to be included by clicking the "minus" icon in front of the relevant pair(s).
Make sure not to save this modified configuration and revert to the saved configuration next time.

peregrino

Well, I know there are workarrounds, however, that's anoying. Multiple config files might resutl in need of a management tool. For the second way there is a risk of accidental overwrite of the config. Having a checkbox or any other kind of filter would be greate.

therube

See also, RFE: Multiple Pairs, Ability To Temp Disable.
(Though I still like the checkbox idea.)