Realtime Sync does not work

Discuss new features and functions

VDT

One-way synchronization is configured (from left to right) for 4 disks. Each of which puts all the new files in separate folders (since it is impossible to synchronize multiple sources with one gettelm, the blocking file interferes).
And I often see how the Real Time Sync application does not start copying them when new files appear. This error is not permanent. It happens that everything is copied correctly. But it often happens that out of 4 running processes (observers) 2 start copying, and two don't.
Restarting Real Time Sync helps. But then the whole point of automation is lost.

Screenshot - https://prnt.sc/14vf0f2

Plerry

>> since it is impossible to synchronize multiple sources with one gettelm, the blocking file interferes
No clue what you mean by "gettelm", but if you mean "FFS sync configuration", then, if there is an overlap between the left or right location of the different sync configurations, the FFS lock-file will prevent running syncs simultaneously.
You can however sync multiple left-right base locations (and their sub-directories) in a single sync configuration, by using multiple left-right base folder pairs.
In this case, a single RTS instance, monitoring all 4 "disks", and launching the above single, multiple left-right pair FFS sync, would suffice, and then not block due to the lock-file, as there is then only a single FFS instance.

Also be aware of the 2nd bullet of the RTS limitations. This may explain your perception that RTS does not work.

VDT

Sorry for the poor translation.
If my configuration looks like this, then the synchronizer is waiting for ALL the disks to appear (access) on the left. (these are DVDs). And it doesn't start copying to the right until it has access to all four disks.

https://prnt.sc/14vxbg3

If you make 4 separate configurations (and not as in the screenshot above), then everything works well. I run 4 sync processes and each one waits for its own disk and copies to its own folder.
The mistake is that there are times when copying simply does not start (as if everything has already been copied). Although this is not the case.
You have to click on the shortcut in the tray "settings", and again "start". Then the copy starts until the next time. This is a bug.

wrwebb

The program works as I THOUGHT it was designed (UNTIL MY COMPUTER IS REBOOTED)

I open up file FreeFileSync I create a new session include the DIRECTORIES that I want to compare/synchronize I choose my options for two way/mirror/update/ . So the directory on the compare side is the directory that I want to monitor for changes. I set up the Synchronize (the location where I want to files to be stored) so if the directory on the compare side changes and you synchronize the directories it copies information from the compare folders and copies changed information to the Synchronize directory. If I save that session as a batch job and open that file it will run the program and copy and changes that have occurred from the last session. (that’s my understanding how that program works)

When I open up the RealTimeSync program and open up that batch job I just created the file information is automatically entered (folders to watch/command line) and press start button it begins to monitor the directory information that was setup in the batch file that I created. If I add any files to that director within 10 seconds the program will run and update the changes made to that directory depending on the criteria that was setup. This process works perfectly and monitors any changes that were made. UNTIL I REBOOT MY COMPUTER. Then it DOESNT

If I’m doing something wrong and you are aware of what this is I would appreciate any information you have

Plerry

Obviously, the RTS jobs need to be restarted in one way or another after a PC restart/reboot.
This can be done manually, e.g. by double-clicking on the icon of a the saved RTS configurations,
or can be done automatically.
You can automatically start the RTS tasks from the Task Scheduler (assuming Windows), or by putting the proper instructions in the suitable Startup folder.

Location of Startup folder for currently logged-on user:
%appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Location of Startup folder for all users:
%programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drbob

New Ubuntu user here (20.04j.

My issue was I was trying to sync USB Flash Drives automatically for another user. When RealTimeSync was running (and I was sitting at their computer) everything worked like a charm. I would log out and he would log in and RealTimeSync would not start up Automatically.

The USB flash drive has an indicator light that blinks when idle and stays solid when being accessed. He would plug in the drive, it would blink, then after the 10 second wait the drive light would go solid and it would never go back to a blinking state without opening FreeFileSync and manually running a sync.

I fixed this behavior by adding RealTimeSync to the Ubuntu “Startup Applications”.

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/startup-applications.html.en

You just need to copy, the Command for the RTS Startup Application window, from the RealTimeSync command line omitting the quotation marks.

Hope this Helps!