RTS fails with error Command ""C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe".......

Get help for specific problems

BillTin

Hello there,

I have been using the program for quite some time very successfully. The last 2 days I continued to receive the error message shown below and the pic when I ran the RTS  batch job. When I ram FFS the compare and sync is completed successfully. I have re-installed the program in both computers, and set up the batch file for RTS but no luck. One computer is Windows 10 and the other one is Windows 11.

Command ""C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" C:\Users\my mame\Desktop\Mini-pc to Astronomy-Desktop.ffs_batch" failed.

Exit code 1
InkedFreefile error.jpg
InkedFreefile error.jpg (30.83 KiB) Viewed 337 times

Plerry

For FFS exit codes see https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=command-line.
So, it seems your sync runs, but results in warning.
Check the FFS log-files to see the which warnings.

BillTin

Hi Plerry,

Thank you for your reply. I looked at the log but I can not tell why the RTS stops, and it shows the error message. Can you see the reason?

Thanks

Bill
Attachments
Freefile error1.JPG
Freefile error1.JPG (111.92 KiB) Viewed 314 times
AstronomyDesktop to Mini-PC 2022-12-05 103507.602 [Warning].html
(5.54 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

therube

(From what I see...)

In this case, the "fail" is simply a warning.

That warning being that the target end does not have a "recycle bin".
(Which presumably is where FFS is looking to send the file too, viewtopic.php?t=8444 & viewtopic.php?t=7961.)

xCSxXenon

The warning is regarding the recycle bin support. Change deletions to be permanent instead of going to the recycle bin

BillTin

I agree, that's why I fail to understand why RTS stops working and shows the error message. I changed the Sync setting from Recycle bin to Permanent with no luck.

Thanks,

Bill

Plerry

When saving your *.ffs_batch job, did you follow the instructions as per here, item 2) and 3) (checkmark Run minimized, AutoClose and IgnoreErrors)?